Monday, January 4, 2010

Agapanthus 'Purple Cloud'

Agapanthus 'Purple Cloud'

Of the many Agapanthus varieties flowering at the moment, this one is included on my best of perennials list. The silver grey leaves have a slight purple tinge at their base and the 180cm tall flowering stems are dark as well . The inky violet pendulous flowers are exceptional. We have to thank New Zealand for raising this fine plant. Tissue Culture raised stock has led to this variety being widely available. Agapanthus are of course well known for their hardiness and their suitability for a range of garden climates and conditions.
2017 update; Currently out of stock.

4 comments:

  1. Utterly gorgeous! People down the road about an hour from me grow agapanthus outside but I've yet to try them. Maybe this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a plant I have been trying to get for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your post on Alice. I had a book which belonged to my grandfather with the same illustrations.The statue of the duchess brings a chuckle from anyone who has read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking for news about this agapanthus and I have found .... greetings!

    ReplyDelete