Saturday, December 4, 2010

Achillea ageratifolia: Greek Yarrow

Achillea ageratifolia, Greek Yarrow

Flower detail

What do you do with miniature plants which are really at home growing in a rock crevasse covered in snow at this time of year.This is a delightful little plant and takes the form of a tiny silver grey cushion with stems of white daisy flowers at this time of year. I really need about fifty of it to make any impact in the garden but I have planted the one I have close to a path where I can keep an eye on it . To make it feel at home I have added some limestone chips to the soil trying to replicate its native habitat in the mountains of Greece and the Balkans. I just am not so sure how it will cope with the summer humidity here on the coast. Time will tell.
2017 update: I no longer have this plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment