Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Yucca pallida



Yucca pallida

This Yucca is from the Blackland Prairies of north central Texas. I am not sure how long I have had the plant as it has not changed size for years but suddenly it has decided to flower. It is one of the stemless non spiky Yuccas with lovely pale blue leaves and delightful pendant mint green flowers with white margins. I am hoping for seed when it has finished flowering . Seeds are apparently small matt black with a rough surface and measure a mere 4-6 x 2-3 mm.

1 comment:

  1. Is this this same plant I know as Spanish Bayonet which I blogged about on 31st March this year? They are absolutely beautiful.

    That post was almost a "What's This Wednesday" but I saw another one growing in a nursery so was able to post without your expert assistance that time, Ian. :)

    ReplyDelete